Since before the turn of the Century, Polytechnic
High School had been located in a small frame building and brick annex on the corner of Bush and Stockton streets. After the Great Earthquake of 1906, the staff and students moved to shacks on property, purchased in 1905, on Frederick Street near Golden Gate Park. By 1913 the shop buildings have been built on the new property and by 1915 the main building was finished. Described in contemporary accounts as “the finest, most modern school west of the Rocky Mountains, with stately appearance and complete equipment”, the students joyfully moved from the earthquake shacks into the new buildings.
Covers still needed for this
page include Spring and Fall 1910, Spring 1911, Spring 1912,
Spring and Fall 1913, Spring 1914, and Spring 1915.