Polytechnic High School

 

The 19th Century

In the late 19th Century, Poly started as the "Commercial School" in downtown San Francisco. By 1890 academic subjects had been added to the previous commercial-only curriculum and the school got its name: "Polytechnic High School". In 1900 the commercial courses and their instructors left to form the "High School of Commerce" and 150 students were left at Poly, located in old wood and brick buildings on Bush at Stockton (over the Stockton Tunnel).

 

1874 - 1890

Powell & Clay

 

1891 - 1894

Bush & Stockton 

1894

"Polytechnic High School" 

1897

Senior Class

 


Index   What's New

 

Home 19th Cent 1900 1910 1920 1930 1940 1950 1960 1970

 

 

Copyright 2009 Hail Poly Committe